Winterplace Ski Resort
425 Winterplace Drive
- located between Beckley and Bluefield, WV. Five minutes off of Interstate - 77
- Exit 28 - Ghent / Flat Top, West Virginia.
Winterplace Ski Resort is the perfect place for beginners to learn to ski and more advanced skiers and riders to improve their technique or just spend some time having fun with family family and friends. Our runs have 100% snowmaking, so even if mother nature can't get it to snow, we can. For the non-skiers in the group , we have a snowtubing park- no special equipment needed.
One Call Does It All! Lodging, Information, Reservations & Deals: 800-607-SNOW (7669)
- Base Elevation -2,997 Feet
- Top Elevation - 3,600 Feet
- Vertical Drop - 603 Feet
- Skiable Acres - 90+ Acres
- Snowmaking - 100% based on weather
- Longest Run - 1 1/4 Mile (Intermediate Trail - Panorama)
- Number of Trails - 27 Slopes & 2 Terrain Parks
- Slope Difficulty - Easiest - 37%; Intermediate - 40%; Advanced - 23%
- Total Lifts - 10 Lifts = 2 Quads; 2 Doubles; 3 Triples; 3 Super Carpet Lifts
- Night Skiing - Night Skiing is available on 26 slopes, The Terrain Parks and the Snow tubing Park. (Slope closed for night skiing: Turkey Chute).
- Snow tubing Park - Largest Snow tubing Park in WV with 2 Super tubing Carpet Lifts and up to 20 Lanes of Cool Fun!
- Children must be at least 44 inches or taller to snow tube
- Kiddie Snow tubing Park - weather dependent. Call ahead.